About this event:
The first Great Dublin Bike Ride, organised by Cycling Ireland is the mass participation bike ride for all abilities – from novice to expert. The Great Dublin Bike Ride takes place on Sunday 13th September with registration on Saturday 12th September.
We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable, safety conscious Event Volunteers. Volunteers will meet in Smithfield or Swords and play a vital role in directing up to 5,000 cyclists through the course – and give them a cheer along the way! Volunteers are crucial to the operations of the event, the safety of the participants and the atmosphere of the day.
We are recruiting:
– Event Volunteers for: Smithfield / Swords on Sunday 13th September – Download Role Description (Adobe Pdf)
– Cyclists Registration Volunteers: Smithfield on Saturday 12th September – Download Role Description (Adobe Pdf)
– Volunteer Support: Smithfield / Swords on Saturday 12th / Sunday 13th September – Download Role Description (Adobe Pdf)
All volunteers will be provided with training and written resources, refreshments, an event t-shirt, sunscreen, as well as the support of Volunteer Ireland staff and Volunteer Team Leaders on the day.
The Great Dublin Bike Ride is based on the successful sportif model used internationally, promoting cycling and mass participation. Two scenic routes (60km and 100km) have been designed for the event (subject to change, pending approval of the relevant bodies), with both routes starting and finishing in Smithfield.
Register to be an Event Volunteer with the Great Dublin Bike Ride by completing an online application – click “Sign Up” on top right to apply.
For enquiries and phone applications, call Kate on (087) 912 7956.
Why should you volunteer with Great Dublin Bike Ride?
– It’s a great way to enjoy the (late) summer and meet new people
– It’s an opportunity to side to cheer and encourage the 5,000 cyclists
– Supervision by Volunteer Programme Manager and Volunteer Team Leaders
– All volunteers provided with the Volunteer Policy and must sign the Volunteer Agreement.
– Volunteering can be a good asset to your CV. We provide you with a certificate of participation as a record that you volunteered with us.
– Gain experience in event volunteering and an insight into how large scale outdoor events are managed
– Consider inviting friends and family to join you. Not only does this help us to find the volunteers that we need but it adds to the atmosphere of the event and fun of those involved.
The volunteer programme is managed by Volunteer Ireland for Cycling Ireland. Volunteer Ireland are delighted to be an event partner for the inaugural Great Dublin Bike Ride which takes place on Sunday 13th September and will be a flagship event in Ireland for the European Week of Sport (7 – 13th September). The Irish Sports Council, in conjunction with Cycling Ireland has teamed up with the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport, Dublin City Council and Healthy Ireland for the Great Dublin Bike Ride.
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- Event Volunteers launch outline programme of events
- Battle for the Bay Water Sports Festival (Saturday 25 & Sunday May 2019)
- Tall Ships Regatta Dublin 2018 (Friday 1 – Monday 4 June 2018)
- We’ve updated our Privacy Statement
- Join us as an Event Volunteer at the Tall Ships Regatta
- One busy week … one amazing team
- Event Volunteers goes from strength to strength
- Event Volunteers achieves Green Light Standard
- Event Volunteers Training Calendar 2017
- Want to know more about Event Volunteers? Check out our new brochure
- We’re taking our Winter break, see you in 2016
- We’re taking our Winter break, see you in 2017
- Fingal Festival of Fire, Blanchardstown (Wednesday 31 October 2018)
- Check out behind the scenes – St Patrick’s Day Parade in Swords & Blanchardstown by Digital Creatures
- Check out our review of our 2014 Volunteer Programme
- Event Volunteers to present at 23rd World Volunteer Conference in September 2014
- Programma volontari Grande Partenza del Giro d’Italia 2014
- Missed our Recent Volunteer Recruitment Roadshow, not to worry
- Calendar of Forthcoming Events 2016
- We’re recruiting a volunteer Graphic Designer to help develop our brand