About this event:
We’re delighted to announce that Flavours of Fingal County Show is back for 2016 with a new format for visitors. Come along to Flavours of Fingal in Newbridge House & Farm and;
- Enjoy the fantastic food
- Learn all about the farm
- Great fun for the family
We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable and motivated volunteers on Saturday and Sunday to be Ambassadors for this event. Volunteer roles cover all aspects of the event. Full orientation, support and recognition will be provided. Roles open to those aged 16 and over.
There are a wide range of roles at this event and about 100 volunteers will engaged on site:
- Queue management at ticket sales
- Support role in livestock / farm area
- Family Fun Area
- Walled Garden – Information givers
- Bus Queue Management
- Support volunteers to assist with buggys and bags out from main area.
- Information and map givers
Training will take place beforehand and on site orientation will take place each morning. Hot food and refreshments will be provided and volunteers will get to keep their volunteer uniforms.
The 33 bus serve Donabate Village. Check dublinbus.ie for your local route. Irish Rail also have a limited number of service that go though Donabate Train Station, check irishrail.ie for details. A limited shuttle service will operate from Fingal County Council Offices out to the Newbridge House & Gardens and will return that evening.
Full details will be available nearer the event.
Site Build Volunteers (Thursday and Friday only)
Volunteers are required to assist with the site build for Flavours of Fingal County Show 2016, assisting the Event Unit to build a successful, enjoyable safe event for all the attendees.
Volunteers will be provided with a meal on site each day from the on site caterers at Newbridge House & Gardens Volunteers will be involved in the set up of the event and assisting the events team in manual labour and lifting and settiing up the various elements of this annual event.
Volunteers who are interested in practical work in the outdoors and building their skills of event management would be particularly welcome. Volunteers should dress appropriately for outdoor manual work.
Volunteers should meet each day at 10am at the front of Newbridge House. Free parking on site, Dublin Bus Service 33B to Portrane stops outside the main gate of the demesne.
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- Event Volunteers launch outline programme of events
- Battle for the Bay Water Sports Festival (Saturday 25 & Sunday May 2019)
- Tall Ships Regatta Dublin 2018 (Friday 1 – Monday 4 June 2018)
- We’ve updated our Privacy Statement
- Join us as an Event Volunteer at the Tall Ships Regatta
- One busy week … one amazing team
- Event Volunteers goes from strength to strength
- Event Volunteers achieves Green Light Standard
- Event Volunteers Training Calendar 2017
- Want to know more about Event Volunteers? Check out our new brochure
- We’re taking our Winter break, see you in 2016
- We’re taking our Winter break, see you in 2017
- Fingal Festival of Fire, Blanchardstown (Wednesday 31 October 2018)
- Check out behind the scenes – St Patrick’s Day Parade in Swords & Blanchardstown by Digital Creatures
- Check out our review of our 2014 Volunteer Programme
- Event Volunteers to present at 23rd World Volunteer Conference in September 2014
- Programma volontari Grande Partenza del Giro d’Italia 2014
- Missed our Recent Volunteer Recruitment Roadshow, not to worry
- Calendar of Forthcoming Events 2016
- We’re recruiting a volunteer Graphic Designer to help develop our brand