About this event:
Step back in time with Event Volunteers to Kells’ rich medieval past with a host of events including jousting, re-enactments, street theatre, falconry, story telling, living history demonstrations, archery and children’s entertainment. We’re recruiting Event Volunteers for a variety of roles over the two days of this festival.
All roles involve volunteers activities as ambassadors of the Kells and the festival itself.
Venue management (1) – helping in venue where lecture / films are taking place – greeting, seating, monitoring.
Venue management (2) – helping in the actual venue by walking round the venue, making sure it is litter free, keeping an eye out for potential problems, liaising with security
Administration – helping out with announcements, lost and found, raffle, etc. Assisting with food at the Pig on a Spit display – the meat is shredded and put into buns for sale to the public Assisting with patrolling the street between the venue and the campsite, and with helping monitor people crossing the road at the venue site.
All volunteers must attend training / information session in advance of the event. These will take place in the Headfort Arms Hotel, Headfort Place, Kells, County Meath, A82 D2C1 on either Sunday 14 August or Tuesday 16 August 2016. All volunteers will receive support and supervision during the two days of the event.
Bus Éireann service 109 runs regularly from Busárus (Store Street) Dublin 1 to Kells and takes 1h 25m. You can download the timetable from this link. Please remember it a Saturday and Sunday schedule.
You can apply to be an Event Volunteer here. Once you are registered you can sign up for the Battle of Kells and let the volunteering fun begin!
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- Event Volunteers launch outline programme of events for 2019
- Battle for the Bay Water Sports Festival (Saturday 25 & Sunday May 2019)
- Tall Ships Regatta Dublin 2018 (Friday 1 – Monday 4 June 2018)
- We’ve updated our Privacy Statement
- Join us as an Event Volunteer at the Tall Ships Regatta
- One busy week … one amazing team
- Event Volunteers goes from strength to strength
- Event Volunteers achieves Green Light Standard
- Event Volunteers Training Calendar 2017
- Want to know more about Event Volunteers? Check out our new brochure
- We’re taking our Winter break, see you in 2016
- We’re taking our Winter break, see you in 2017
- Fingal Festival of Fire, Blanchardstown (Wednesday 31 October 2018)
- Check out behind the scenes – St Patrick’s Day Parade in Swords & Blanchardstown by Digital Creatures
- Check out our review of our 2014 Volunteer Programme
- Event Volunteers to present at 23rd World Volunteer Conference in September 2014
- Programma volontari Grande Partenza del Giro d’Italia 2014
- Missed our Recent Volunteer Recruitment Roadshow, not to worry
- Calendar of Forthcoming Events 2016
- We’re recruiting a volunteer Graphic Designer to help develop our brand