About this event:
The concept of the Pure Magic Battle for the Bay Water Sports Festival is very simple: Fun, Wind, Water…and Fun!!! The best riders in the country and from around the globe will come and compete in one of the best kitesurfing spots in the world: Dollymount Beach! Home to the Puremagic gang.
Everyone is welcomed, young and old, to join this amazing celebration of Irish Kitesurfing, SUPing and Dublin style beach fun. You can expect loads of surprises during the bumper packed weekend! You can also visit the Battle for the Bay Facebook page and you can view a video which highlights last year’s event. We require volunteers for both Saturday and Sunday Shifts.
Volunteer roles will include:
- Welcoming and assisting with directions / parking (off the beach)
- General Ambassador roles on the beach gives information
- Practicing Leave No Trace and supporting the cleaning team in keeping the beach and island clean.
- Alerting the security team for any concerns or issues our team may have
Dublin Bus Route 130 from Middle Abbey Street. Alight at Bus Stop No. 759 at junction of Clontarf Rd, Mount Prospect Avenue.
Volunteer Ireland and Event Volunteers are proud to be an Event Partner to Battle for the Bay for this its 11th anniversary.
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- Event Volunteers launch outline programme of events
- Battle for the Bay Water Sports Festival (Saturday 25 & Sunday May 2019)
- Tall Ships Regatta Dublin 2018 (Friday 1 – Monday 4 June 2018)
- We’ve updated our Privacy Statement
- Join us as an Event Volunteer at the Tall Ships Regatta
- One busy week … one amazing team
- Event Volunteers goes from strength to strength
- Event Volunteers achieves Green Light Standard
- Event Volunteers Training Calendar 2017
- Want to know more about Event Volunteers? Check out our new brochure
- We’re taking our Winter break, see you in 2016
- We’re taking our Winter break, see you in 2017
- Fingal Festival of Fire, Blanchardstown (Wednesday 31 October 2018)
- Check out behind the scenes – St Patrick’s Day Parade in Swords & Blanchardstown by Digital Creatures
- Check out our review of our 2014 Volunteer Programme
- Event Volunteers to present at 23rd World Volunteer Conference in September 2014
- Programma volontari Grande Partenza del Giro d’Italia 2014
- Missed our Recent Volunteer Recruitment Roadshow, not to worry
- Calendar of Forthcoming Events 2016
- We’re recruiting a volunteer Graphic Designer to help develop our brand