About this event:
We’re delighted to announce that a bigger and better Dublin Bay Prawn Festival takes place in Howth from Saturday 17 to Monday 19 March. Whatever way you like your prawns – barbecued, whole, shelled, fried, skewered, marinated, sauced – Howth’s many award winning restaurants will serve your favourite prawn dishes in bite sized portions at the food village of this year’s Dublin Bay Prawn Festival, in addition to a variety of other minature dishes.
We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable and motivated volunteers to be Ambassadors for this event. The role will involve directing visitors to and from the DART Train station and giving information to visitors on the full programme of events. Full orientation, support and recognition will be provided. Roles open to those aged 16 and over.
There are a wide range of roles at this event and volunteers will engaged on site each day in roles to include:
- Queue management at the train station
- Information and programme givers
- Queue Management
Training will take place beforehand and on site orientation will take place each morning. Hot food and refreshments will be provided and volunteers will get to keep their volunteer uniforms.
The best way to access the site is via the DART train and get off the train at Howth Station. Full details will be available nearer the event. Visit Dublin Bay Prawn Festival for the full programme and further details.
The 20 latest Blog Posts
- Event Volunteers launch outline programme of events
- Battle for the Bay Water Sports Festival (Saturday 25 & Sunday May 2019)
- Tall Ships Regatta Dublin 2018 (Friday 1 – Monday 4 June 2018)
- We’ve updated our Privacy Statement
- Join us as an Event Volunteer at the Tall Ships Regatta
- One busy week … one amazing team
- Event Volunteers goes from strength to strength
- Event Volunteers achieves Green Light Standard
- Event Volunteers Training Calendar 2017
- Want to know more about Event Volunteers? Check out our new brochure
- We’re taking our Winter break, see you in 2016
- We’re taking our Winter break, see you in 2017
- Fingal Festival of Fire, Blanchardstown (Wednesday 31 October 2018)
- Check out behind the scenes – St Patrick’s Day Parade in Swords & Blanchardstown by Digital Creatures
- Check out our review of our 2014 Volunteer Programme
- Event Volunteers to present at 23rd World Volunteer Conference in September 2014
- Programma volontari Grande Partenza del Giro d’Italia 2014
- Missed our Recent Volunteer Recruitment Roadshow, not to worry
- Calendar of Forthcoming Events 2016
- We’re recruiting a volunteer Graphic Designer to help develop our brand